Written by Administrator
Friday, 06 August 2010 16:00
Glossary: Acronyms & Definitions
| b | c
| g | h | i
| j | k | l
| m | n
| q | r
| u | v
| x | y | z
- Americans with Disabilities Act (Public Law 101-336)
- Anchorage School District
- At Risk
- Infants who may develop problems because of certain conditions such as premature birth.
- Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Consultation and Education for Early Hearing Impairment
- Relating to developmental area that involves thinking skills.
- Developmental Disabilities
- Division of Developmental Disabilities
- Developmental Pediatrician
- Pediatrician with specialized training in diagnosing children with developmental disabilities.
- Department of Health and Social Services
- Division of Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities
- Department of Education
- Early Interventionist
- Infant Education/Therapist who assesses / plans / implements developmental programs.
- Early Intervention Program
- Expressive Language
- Communication by language, gesturing, and sign language.
- Fetal Alcohol Effects
- Free Appropriate Public Education
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- PIC Family Services Specialist
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- Individualized Education Program
- Individualized Family Service Plan
- Infant Learning Program
- L earn E xplore A nd P lay
- Neurodevelopmental Treatment
- Medical Doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating disorders of the brain and nervous system.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Office of Children Services
- Medical Doctor specializing in treatment and surgeries of the eyes.
- Devices used to immobilize or support a part of the body in order to prevent deformity or to assist with function.
- Occupational Therapist/Therapy
- PARENTS, Inc.
- Alaska's Parent Training and Information Center
- Part C
- The part of IDEA which addresses the needs of children ages 0-3.
- Parent's As Teacher's
- Medical Doctor who specializes in care for infants, children, and adolescents.
- Programs for Infants and Children, Inc.
- Primary Service Provider
- Non-medical professional who works in the field of brain function and human behavior.
- Physical Therapist/Therapy
- Receptive Language
- Understanding of what is being communicated.
- Special Education Service Agency
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Supplemental Security Income
- Speech Therapist/Therapy
- Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act
- Visually Impaired
- Women, Infants, and Children
Last Updated on Friday, 06 August 2010 16:02